Sunday, September 19, 2010

So Long, So Wrong

I feel a connection to Alison Krauss right now.  I have contemplated leaving college so many times.  I wonder if I have a dissatisfaction bug, or if I really should be doing something else.  I think I should try to connect to sports.  Then I might learn how to persevere when it seems like I cannot go on.

Alison Krauss never finished high school or college, and she appears to be doing well monetarily.  I don't know how she feels about her unusual school experience and not sticking in the system.  Regardless, she has stayed with music and works with lots of amazingly talented musicians, like herself.  I guess that's the answer.  She has talent.

In both middle school and high school I was told by people that "You are going to go somewhere" or to "Just wait, you're going to do amazing things."  Did they just say this to keep me from questioning the point?  I don't think I've ever felt like I fit in the education mold even though teachers have loved me, and I enjoy learning and doing homework.

A friend of mine was skyping with me last night, and he wondered aloud if I would be happy anywhere.  Well, if I'm not going to be happy anywhere, then I'll sure have the opportunity to see a lot of the world.

Honestly, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment