Monday, October 4, 2010

My Life As a Play

Today I could imagine my life as play.

I was bouncing up and down and really excited because I finished my paper comparing gender in America to gender in Afghanistan.

When I am at home I don't talk to many people in a day, and everything seems to work out because I have ample time to talk out how I am feeling with my family and I have plenty of time to think about life and how I fit into it.

But here, at college, there isn't time to think about what is going on.  There is time to react and talk quickly and emphatically about what is going on and feel enthusiastic about nothing at all, and to be depressed for no reason at all.

Depression and excitement meld together from day to day, and my life looks like a story with tons of plots and themes, but one overall dilemma.

I am searching for something, but I don't know what this something is.  Maybe I never will, but I know I am searching for something.

I wonder how my act will close at the end of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment